Sunday, March 18, 2012

Spring Fever

The first day of spring is just two days away,
but we've been blessed with an early spring this year.
I love it!!

So does my sweet pea.(:

 So do my grape hyacinths. They're taking over my yard!!

 Anyways, new season=new decorations.

I've been slowly decorating the mantle and fireplace,
but yesterday I think I finally got it to where I want it:
Please excuse the 3/4ths painted wall and the UGLY stencil on the other wall left by the previous owner.
We're working on it! Lol and the ugly white vents, and the ugly colored wood, and the stupid popcorn paint, and the bricks are getting a make-over too!!


This was the finishing touch yesterday:
I really don't know how I even came to thinking of this lol I've never seen anything quite like it but it just sorta happened when I was making Avonlea's spring hat. I bought a TON of these hats last year for $1ea at Target. I added the flowers and the mini easter egg. At first I had just the hat up there, but it was too small and didn't take up enough room to center out everything else. I dug out a large picture frame I wasn't using, shabbied it up with 'robins egg' paint, and that was that!
I really like the trend of framing 3D objects and I've got to say, this is my favorite yet!(:


Other spring features lol:


Look how cute this fuzzy little guy is!! I loves him.
I got him at a local market but I'm pretty sure Pier One and Hobby Lobby have some similar.
I cut some scrapbook paper to wrap around my seasonal candle.

Same story here.

Ta-da! I like it(:



Get to decorating, Easter is only THREE weeks away!









No comments:

Post a Comment