Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Halloween Post #2

I loved making all of this stuff..Halloween is one of my favorites!
This is How I made our dining room into a witch lair, all for around 40 bucks..

Sorry for the bad pictures..I didn't want to wait for the sun to get in the right spot for them!

I found this weird looking thing at Goodwill(the best craft store EVER) for $2 back in July.
 I'm thinking it may have been a twisted looking candle holder, but it didn't come with any candles or glass to put a votive in. At the time I had NO idea what I was going to do with but decided that for $2 I'd find something!
I stuffed some spanish moss(Family Dollar $1/bag) in the cup things and put in the mini glitter skulls I got from JoAnns for $2. Added spider web and topped with a Family Dollar crow!

Love the way this turned out..creepy looking!


So yeah..I'm a little crazy and yes I have too much time on my hands but I LOVE IT!
I came up with this little rhyme back in August:
Poison #31310 (my wedding anniversary hehe!)
Find a toad or two or three,
give him this and you will see,
the Prince Charming you never knew,
kiss the frog to see it through!

I made the Ingredients list to match the potion bottles I had already made:
-Pickled arachnids
-Poison
-Bone Dust
-Zombie-n-a-bottle
-centipede
-graveyard fog

Book of Spells:
 I had this crazy idea while checking out the Goodwill. I picked up this book with a plain black cover for $1.08!!!! I stained some regular computer paper with a soaked tea bag to make it look all old, then put them in the oven on a cookie sheet for about 3 mins at 300 degrees. I then drew on the border, potion and ingredients with a fat tip and a fine tip Sharpie. I attatched the pages to the book with glue at the seem. I also stained the cheesecloth with tea and just sat it out to dry, I really loved this! It's so neat and easy. 

Bleeding Candlesticks:
I picked up these white candlesticks at Family Dollar for .50 cents each! To get the bleeding effect I lit the candles and let them melt a little, then carefully tilted them to make the wax drip down the side, and painted the wax with red after it had hardened. I had seen bleeding candles before and it didn't take very long to figure out how to do it! Luckily I had red paint on hand. I got the clear glass candle holders from Family Dollar as well for $1 each. I shot them with some black spray paint.

Black Ivy:
Another Family Dollar find, I bought an orange maple leaf garland for $1 and spray painted them black.


 The 'graveyard fog' is just some scrap yellow tulle in a mason jar with a spray painted lid and a label I happened to have in my scrapbooking stuff. The 'zombie-n-a-bottle' is brown sugar with some doodads I got last year from Hobby Lobby..I had originally planned on just making it 'graveyard dirt' until I came across the doodads in my stuff. The 'bone dust' is salt in a stage 1 baby jar with a spray painted lid. The green goo is aloe vera from this past summer. And the real potion bottle in the back I got from JoAnns for $2. It had a sticker on it that I scrubbed off and stuffed it with a centipede I got in $1 bag of creepy crawlers. The cheesecloth is tea stained.



When I bought this skull for $1 at FD he was UGLY and now he's sparkly! I spray painted him black and bedazzled with jewels I already had. The stand I bought from Goodwill for $1 and it was all scratched to heck, I also shot it with spray paint.

And that and that and that's all folks! For now! I have a lot more but this is too big of post! I will put the rest up tomorrow..or maybe later. (:


**forgot to mention the plate easel I bought at JoAnns for $3 with a coupon to use to hold the book open
& a piece of black burlap underneath for $5

No comments:

Post a Comment